RuaumokoForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hysteresis for flat slab-column connection

2 posters

Go down

Hysteresis for flat slab-column connection Empty Hysteresis for flat slab-column connection

Post  DagoCR1 Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:00 am

I have been trying to model flat slab-column connection to replicate results from Hwang and Moehle experiments. I have been using a modified takeda hysteresis model on a giberson beam for the behavior (making it thin alpha=0.5, beta=0) but I cannot get closer to the results I want. I tried concentrating the behavior on springs near the joint but I got results that were even farther off from the expected. I have read that there is a mckenna and fenves model available in opensees but not in Ruaumoko. Is there a better hysteretic model in Ruaumoko that I can use?

I have also thought that maybe including some capacity degradation parameter may help but I have had no experience with these parameters.
Any comments and observations will be very appreciated.
thanks
D

DagoCR1

Back to top Go down

Hysteresis for flat slab-column connection Empty Re: Hysteresis for flat slab-column connection

Post  Domenico Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi Dago,

Quite difficult to answer without knowing all the details of the test and the modeling, but at least a figure in which you show the exerimental vs numerical results might give us a better idea..
Cheers,

Dom
Domenico
Domenico
Admin

https://ruaumoko.forumattivo.com

Back to top Go down